Terms and Conditions
1. Full settlement of fees is required at time of booking.
2. Payment accepted by debit/credit card, cash or bank transfer
3. We reserve the right to charge 4% above the bank base rate prevailing at the time, on all balances outstanding beyond 30 days from date of invoice.
4. We reserve the right to take any outstanding balances due from the customer’s Credit / debit card on the due date.
5. In the event of delegate failing to attend the course, the full course fees will be payable.
6. Deposits and any fees for courses or tests not taken or completed are non-refundable.
7. Driver Training centre will endeavour to arrange course dates required by the trainee however no guarantee can be given.
8. Where external examinations have been arranged for the candidate by Driver Training Centre, we accept no liability for the accuracy of candidate details should a dispute arise with the external examination body.
9. Every effort is made to ensure course notes, presentations and any relative training material is correct at time of print. Driver Training accepts no responsibility for any errors or omissions.
10. If DVSA test fee increase after booking, customer to pay the amount of increase.
11. In the event of driving tests rearranged by the DVSA, extra fees for hire of vehicle will be charged, this can usually be reclaimed from the DVSA.
12. Driver training Centre accepts no financial penalty as a result of any event i.e. loss of wages etc.
13. Driver Training Centre will endeavour to keep trainees in the same vehicles unless operational requirements require otherwise.
14. Driver Training Centre cannot guarantee the same vehicle or instructor for re-tests.
15. Trainees must be aware that adequate provision is made to ensure drivers attending courses are able to comply with the rest requirements laid down in Driver Hours Regulations, and the Working Time Directive.
16. Driver Training Centre reserves the right to cancel, postpone or reschedule courses due to circumstances beyond our control.
17. Driver Training Centre at its absolute discretion reserves the right to terminate or cancel any training course for any of the following reasons, the list to be not exhaustive.
- Failure to produce the correct licence entitlement for the category of training required will render any courses booked void, any payments already made and any payments outstanding will be payable in full, any course requiring rebooking will be at extra cost.
- The Instructor suspects the student is under the influence of any Alcohol or Drugs.
- The student demonstrates unruly behaviour of any kind.
- We will not tolerate any verbal, physical, or racial abuse to any members of staff, or any member of the public in anyway whatsoever.
- Any misuse of equipment whilst in control of a Driver Training Centre vehicle of any type whatsoever.
- Dangerous or reckless behaviour, whether driving or not, in any manner whatsoever.
- The trainee appears to be physically incapable due to lack of proper daily rest.
- Should the trainee fail to reach the standard required to undertake the DVSA driving test, Driver Training Centre reserves the right to refuse submission of the trainee for any such tests and the test fee would be forfeited and non returnable.
i. If course fees are not paid in full before course start date
18. Any action taken or decided by any member of staff of Driver Training Centre is final and non-negotiable.
19. Driving test candidates with three or more serious faults on their DL25 will require one training session as a minimum before re-testing.
20. Any candidate that does not book a re-test within 2 months of failing a test will be required to complete a minimum of 1 training session before re-taking the next test.
21. All courses must be completed within 12 months from the date of deposit being paid. After this time the
contract expires and any unused training is null and void.
22. Driver Training Centre will not be held responsible for the loss of any personal items left in the vehicle or on the company’s premises.
23. All vehicles are fully insured, however there is a £250.00 excess in the event of any damage to the training vehicles or other vehicles caused by the trainee’s misconduct, they will be held liable for the excess.
24. Whilst every effort is made to arrange the DVSA driving test as soon after the conclusion of training course, we do not guarantee this in any way whatsoever and cannot be held liable for any delays between training course and driving test. Any extra training required as a result of any delays incurred will be charged at extra cost.
25. Candidates supplying vehicles for Trailer Training must ensure the vehicle is Legal, Roadworthy without any faults, electrical systems must be fully functional, the correct oblong number plate for the trailer must be supplied at time of training.
26. Customers legal rights or obligations are unaffected by these terms and conditions.
Driver Training Centre will respect your privacy and ensure that all information provided to us is lawfully processed and held in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018. Personal / sensitive information is considered to be any information that identifies a living person.
Driver Training Centre will control the data you supply, and we agree to collect and control this information in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
Driver Training centre will collect information from you when you submit an enquiry. The information we collect is: Your name, email address, phone number and IP address, the code that identifies your computer.
We will only use the information you provide us with to make improvements to our service, action any requests you make, supply you with requested information, or conduct market research.
Driver Training Centre will share your personal data with Driving Standards Agency and JAUPT only. To ensure compliance with the data protection act 2018 Driver Training Centre will be happy to provide any information we hold on you. See website for full policy.
Explain the problem or concern, either verbally or in writing, to your instructor or member of staff with whom you are dealing as they may be able to resolve the matter for you quickly.
Please make sure they understand your complaint properly and what you think should be done to put things right.
If you have not been able to resolve your complaint and you still feel aggrieved, then you should bring the matter to the attention of the Complaints Department. You can do this in person or in writing at the address below.